Saturday, April 2, 2016

Norway is turning off FM ?!

In 2017, Norway has decided to completely eliminate FM radio from its country, a true example of how technology is changing drastically. It will be a new period of time in Norway and possibly in time for the rest of the world. People in future generations are going to be unfamiliar with a radio that is not digitalized... "FM Radio? What's that?". I am not exactly sure how Norwegian citizens will think of this transition to completely digital radio, but I for one would not what to think of it. I do love satellite radio as it does have many more advantages than FM radio does. However, FM completely disappearing from society in the United States would really make me think about what the future has to come in regards to technological advancements.

I am sure the transition will give listeners better quality of the radio and what not but why not have both? There may be people of older generations who are not aware of how digital radio works. Although I do not listen to the radio much because I put my phone into an auxiliary cord to listen to my own music, I wouldn't know what to do without it if I did not have another option. With that being said, I don't know how I would feel if the United States did the same as Norway is doing in 2017. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment