Thursday, April 7, 2016

"Fantasia" by Walt Disney

Walt Disney movies have been a part of my life since I can remember. One of the most notable is the movie, "Fantasia", and I am speaking of the one that was originally made in the 1940's. My parents and grandparents have always exposed me to previous generations' cultures of music, art, entertainment, etc. I guess you can say I have acquired an old soul taste for the past because of this. For example, I like the representations of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, created by Walt Disney, in black and white rather than the newer images of these characters and others. "Fantasia" is such a enjoyable movie to watch as there is so much attention to the music and the movements of characters and the setting being in sync with each other. It uses phenomenal orchestra music and is accentuated with the entertaining characters that are within it. (My favorite is the part with Mickey and the walking brooms) If this movie has never been seen by you, I would definitely recommend seeing it as it is still a classic to this day. It was Walt Disney's dream to combine animated characters and classical music, especially to have children be shown these two together. It was Walt Disney's attempt to gain fame and surely worked for himself as it was one of his most well-known productions. It depicts Mickey Mouse as a wizard who has powers to make objects come alive. (Hint, Hint), just like Walt Disney does!



Here's a small segment of the movie that is one of my favorite parts: 


No comments:

Post a Comment