Monday, February 15, 2016

Is Technology Diminishing How Genuine Art Is?

As technology advances, people's direct communication with one another advances as well. But even beyond this, it is people's cultures put into a pool of expression that technology is really progressing. The ability to express whatever one is feeling through the internet is what opens the door for limitless possibilities of new styles, techniques, modernizations, and inspirations that are flooding into the world. I believe this infinite circle of ideas is what consistently animates the world of art. Each step of advancement in technology gives numerous opportunities for artists to utilize their ideas in different ways. Simply, the more tools available the more creative an artist can get. It is important for artists to stay in the look with new technological advancements, regardless of if they feel the need to us technology within their artwork. To just scroll through updates of upcoming pieces of artwork, in my opinion, can make a great deal of impact on how open their mind is to imagination.

However, regardless of professional artists, amateur artists who are trying to get into the business or even people who just want to publicize their art work have the utmost opportunity on the internet. The internet is the way of complete expression to the world even though there is no actual contact. It is significant, however, for artists utilizing technology for their art work to remember what makes something a piece of art. There has to be passion, emotion, visual stimulation. I believe using technology can blind some people of how effective it is to step back from technology for a second and realize the best way to interact with one's emotions is to be by oneself. Working on a computer, for instance, will not get in touch with your feelings but even more so be influenced by other people's feelings. As an artist, I find that I work best when I am working with myself, my hands, my music, my preferable environment. It is technology that can blind some people of this and that is where I agree in this article that technology can actually hinder an artists' ability rather than enhance it. I, personally, work better without technology when it comes to creating art. Being able to dig deep into my thoughts and experiment with ideas that I am not aware will turn out successful is the most efficient way to creating passionate art.

So to make a comment on the quote' "Today, in our connected world, almost everyone creates. Almost everyone participates"... I feel as if using technology for the world of art can be a great thing until it makes someone lose their sense of self and sense of passion. Once passion is lost, the motive for art is worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment