Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Computer History Museum

Although I have never visited this museum, it certainly looks intriguing enough to be considered for a visit. In preparation of this, I have looked at this museum's website in hope that an exhibit would really catch my eye enough to motivate me to visit. I am more interested in non-digital art but have always had an open mind for it. With this being said, I am looking into visiting museums that are themed by more digitalized art rather than a paint brush and canvas.

One of the main exhibits in this museum that caught my attention is the simple representation of the evolution of computers. I believe that being able to see the differentiation of eras of computers would be so thrilling as the distinction between them cannot be overlooked. Along with this, it is not only computers that are just portrayed but also the software, devices, and technology that is used to create these long cherished machinery. When first looking into this museum, I thought their exhibits would be solely computer, but I was wrong. They also portray any object that uses a computer software such as the computerized dogs that I particularly remember from my childhood. Moreover, they put on exhibit specific games that have evolved through computer software such as the Pong. Another exhibit that is worth looking into is the exhibit of Ada, Countess of Lovelace who was proficient in mathematical softwaring, portraying Lovelace's childhood history as well as the letters written to various tutors.

If you would like more information, check out this museum's blog or their general website to see more of their exhibits!

Blog URL: http://www.computerhistory.org/atchm/


No comments:

Post a Comment